http://www.ringaroundtherosies.prettyposies.com/archives/images/southbttn.jpg
Southern Knit Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Powered by RingSurf
tennessee tricoter: moving quickly along

tennessee tricoter

this blog is designed for me to share my knitting experiences with you.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

moving quickly along

I have finished the umbilical cord baby hat for the boy. He'll get to wear it this year, but, although I tried my best to knit it more chunky, this will be the last year. He looks adorable in it, though! I'll try to get some pics on here soon!

I also cast on for my halloween surprise. Too bad I had to go in on the acrylic for this... Oh well. It's a costume item. It's not too big of a loss.

I am also contemplating the possibility of knitting blackberry from knitty.com. The only concern I have is that it will add so much bulk to me that I may feel heavy wearing it. On the other hand, it should be so warm that it may replace a coat. I have the suggested yarn, and since I can't knit the boy's sweater out of it, I may as well use it for something for myself.

The blue cabled sweater is again going very slowly. I am having to do a lot of math and wait on a lot of questions to be answered as it is a test pattern. It's so cool, but I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even have it to wear this winter. There's always next year, I guess.

Maybe I need to slow the knitting down, but there's always something to deal with. It seems like the more stressed out I get, the more I find time to knit. I shouldn't have this kind of time. And I don't. But I have to deal somehow. Of course, it's not like I am dealing that well with things, but I am pretty sure it's better than when I don't knit. In fact, I'm definitely sure. It is at least reminding me to stay quiet about some things before I say too much and can't take it back.

Knit while the day is still young.

l.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home