http://www.ringaroundtherosies.prettyposies.com/archives/images/southbttn.jpg
Southern Knit Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random
Powered by RingSurf
tennessee tricoter: knitting nerd

tennessee tricoter

this blog is designed for me to share my knitting experiences with you.

Monday, October 23, 2006

knitting nerd

OK, so I'm a knitting NERD. This past weekend, while being home with sick kids and sick husband (I feel ok so far...) I was able to finish blackberry. I used the recommended yarn, Rowan Chunky Print in Temper. I used regular stockinette instead of the reverse stockinette, and I added about 1" to the ribbing all the way around the sweater. It took almost 6 full balls of this yarn to make it work.

And, here's the nerdy part... I finished casting off right before bed last night. BUT I'M WEARING THE SWEATER TODAY. Yes, that's right, I have the loose ends I haven't gotten around to weaving in tied up so they don't hang out of the sweater. One of the sleeve seams' leftover yarn is hanging out when I don't push it back in up the sleeve... But I have a study hall and I am planning on finishing the sweater up during that. Of course, it could use some blocking, but that will have to happen when I know we're going to have four or so days of very warm weather. Besides, I know that it will take a few days to dry properly. Or maybe I'll get sick of wearing it and blocking will be a nice forced break from it. We'll see.

But we're done. :) Pictures later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home